GVL forwards foreign remuneration
"We are especially happy for our actors and actresses because they will receive remuneration from France for the first time. After many years of negotiations and one year after signing the contract, we initially received about 1.5 million euros from our French sister society ADAMI, which we are now delighted to pass on," summarises Burkhard Sehm, Head of Legal and Business Affairs.
Approximately 5.5 million Euros will be distributed to our rightsholders this quarter. In addition to France, the remuneration for this distribution round were collected from Denmark, Austria, Italy, Great Britain, Sweden, Belgium and the USA, among others.
Prerequisites for receiving foreign remuneration are the registrations of participations and repertoire in our portals for rightsholders as well as the commissioning for international rights management.
Did you know?
Unlike many sister societies, GVL forwards royalties to its rightsholders in full without deducting any costs. If you want us to act for you internationally, assign us a foreign mandate in just a few steps:
- Performing artists please use the form „International mandate for the transfer of rights“
- Recording producers can easily adjust their mandate via our online portal for producers label.gvl if they are the rightsholders for the relevant countries
- Updating of master data
- In order to be able to forward remuneration reliably, we ask our rightsholders to check their master data regularly and to update it if necessary:
- Performing artists can find their personal Data in the portal meine.gvl under „Personal data“/ „Financial data“
- Recording producers can find their company data in the portal label.gvl under „Master data“